[bct] Re: C. S. Lewis and other things

  • From: "Hope" <musicofhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:51:39 -0500

Hi Mary,
I love your podcasts as well.  I just got a chance to listen to the Nut Cracker
one and I loved it.  I too, am a huge fan of C. S. Lewis, as well as a lot of
fantasy/science fiction books.  The first book I read by C. S. Lewis was when I
was ten years old, and the Cleveland Library for the Blind sent me, for some
reason, "Till We Have Faces," and it was right after my grandmother died, and I
was very close to her.  At the time, I didn't understand all of the
undercurrents, but it was pretty interesting to send me a book of that
magnitude, and bleakness when I was grieving so much.  After that one, the
Narnia chronicles followed and the space trilogy, though I didn't get all the
way through "That Hideous Strength," I had planned to and I ordered it, but I
haven't received the book yet.  Do you know if it's on audio anywhere other
than NLS?
Glad to hear your voice is back!  Sleeping helps also, <grin>  I should take my
own advice, I suppose, but I have very noisy neighbors who don't let that
happen very much.
As for my energy, I don't know if it's the tea or what, but I'm glad you all
liked the podcast so far.  I actually wanted to change a few of the files
because I thought they were just not at all what I should be submitting, after
I had already uploaded them, but, I didn't.  Thanks again, and hopefully your
recovery continues and you don't have to deal with having no voice again for a
while, hopefully for at least the rest of this lovely winter.

Hope