[bct] Re: But I was only gone over night!

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:33:04 -0500

There is a solution to knowing from whom you get an email, it is called PGP, standing for pretty good privacy, and uses a public key encryption system. The emails do not have to be encrypted to contain your personal digital key that guarantees the mail is from you. I do not know everything about this, but perhaps it is worth checking out as I understand you do not have to be a super-techie to run it.

A really good hacker can perfectly emulate an email, so things like putting your name on them won't stop a determined person, but a bit of due diligence for all of us will go a long way.