[bct] Re: Breakfast Drink Podcast

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:10:56 -0700

Jake and everyone,

I haven't heard of emergen-c; I try to stay with whole foods rather than
extracts, because I think whole foods and juices contain nutrition in balance,
and extracts often include one nutrient and exclude others that would naturally
occur in the original food. Just my opinion for what it's worth; having worked
with this type of thing since the late 1970s, it works better for me, but then
there are pro and con views of these things, so I don't intend to push anything
on anyone.

Maybe we need an opposite view: for example, somebody could podcast how a blind
person cooks up a traditional breakfast of bacon and sausage! I still love
dairy products and lately discovered how to do scrambled eggs in the microwave,
but that's not too exciting; just mix them up and cook for two and  a half to
three minutes on high, depending on the oven's wattage and how firm you like
them. You can cook them in the same dish you eat them from, assuming it's a
microwave safe dish.

Maybe as we get closer to the holiday season, people can do podcasts of holiday
activities, like baking cookies and decorating the tree or putting up

My next podcast will be less healthy but really fun, making a chocolate snow
cone! I promise to have a mike oriented correctly. I think my last one had it
opposite the way it should have been, but then the kitchen is a small area so
it probably didn't make any difference.