[bct] Braille Note and blue tooth.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:00:58 -0800

Bill asked about whether you could run both the speech and braille
display/keyboard entry at the same time.  Someone already answered this, but i
had sent a message to Jonathan Mosen to ask for sure and got his reply, so
thought i would send it along.

Hi Jenny, no, it isn't, because they both use the serial profile and the two
operations are not integrated in KeySoft.

Jonathan Mosen

So, because the keyboard entry is integrated in to the Braille Display
functionality, you will get display feed back and can use the keyboard remotely
to operate the computer, but you'll get no speech.  if you use the remote
synth, you'l get only speech, no other functions.  Score for the pacmate, it
lets you have both.  Kind of too bad, but I think I can deal with relying on
the display when using remotely.  it wil be so nice to be able to do instant
messaging and net surfing while i am watching TV.  i like to watch tV, but hate
sitting still.