[bct] Re: Braille Christmas tree podcast

  • From: Megan Kelly <mek55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:10:27 -0500

Hi Mary,
Glad you're feeling better. I'm looking foward to your drawings!

Thanks, Megan

At 07:46 AM 12/14/2005, you wrote:

The drawing book has about three dozen pictures, and I have a couple other books, one entitled Braillables, pronounced like huggables. It is intended for teachers and parents, but anybody can use that book because it describes the different braille symbol patterns used for producing different shapes.

There was a series of braille books with pictures; I wish now that I had gotten all of them. I will do a couple more drawings now that my voice came back and the laryngitis is gone, thanks to some wonderful Chinese herbal formulas. There are pictures for different holidays in So What about Drawing. I have another book called Two-Handed Pictures which starts out simple and then works up to a rather elaborate drawing of a house with windows, a door, and a porch with a little roof over the top.

Maybe if enough people contact the Guild in Chicago, they'll make these books available again. I guess I've started a trend.

Let me look at what I have and I'll dig out a few more Christmas and holiday pictures. I know there's a snow man, and another of an angel.

Thanks, everyone, for responding; I didn't think this would mushroom into such interest, but it looks like people are having fun with this.