[bct] Bookshare vs book port

  • From: "Bill Holton" <biho@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:30:07 -0500

I am having trouble moving any file to the bookport from an unpacked bookshare
file.  When I try adding the .apf file I get an xml error from book port.  When
I try looking at the xml file via OE I get a file that stops after the
copywright notice.  I have emailed the problem and sample files to bookshare
support.  They tell me there is no problem with their end and my trouble must
be with the bookport--this despite the fact that the xml files won't open
properly, either.  I am not sure what the .smil files are even for.
In any case, has anyone else experienced these problems and how did you fix
them.  As it is I cannot read any Bookshare files--Oh yeah, when I try reading
with their reader my computer crashes--and I am getting nothing but it's not
our problem from Bookshare.  Very frustrated.  If anyone has any suggestions I
would appreciate them.