[bct] Book port questions

  • From: "Bill Holton" <biho@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 09:22:55 -0500

I am considering purchasing a book port, and I have a few questions perhaps Larryor someone else can answer.
1: I am told the BP is Audible compatabile. Do you use the standard Audible Manager software to add books to the BP? Is their a special file to enable activation as an audible ready player? I am also told you can speed up the playing. Is this only done at the time o download or can you do it on the fly? As you are listening? Does the BP allow for better navigation, time, chapters, sections, than the Newvo player?
2: Does the BP allow variable speed on mp3 files, such as podcasts?
4: I am told that in about a year there will be a new design player. Will we have to buy a new player to get these upgrades, or will there be some sort of trade-in program?

What format, bit rate, etc. does the built-in recorder use? Is it easy to move the recorded files off onto the main computer via the USB connection?

How does one move the files from RFBD Daisy disks onto the BP? Is it a simple copy and paste?