[bct] Re: Book Port or Victor Reader

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:45:58 -0500

Thank you, I'll check it all out.

Rick

=====

Author:
Helen Keller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 8:31 PM
Subject: [bct] Re: Book Port or Victor Reader

Presently you can use a compact flash card with two gigs capacity.  But very
shortly we'll be able to go to four gigs.  Battery life varies with type  of
usage.  If you're reading text with it, you can get sixty hours and
sometimes
more from the two doubole A batteries.  I use rechargeables and  I get
around 50
hours if I'm reading only text.  You get less battery life when you listen
audio files, but it's still great mileage.  Go to
www.aph.org and in their products list, go to bookport and you can read
information about it.  Also Larry has done several podcasts on it.  Look
near
the bottom of the podcast list on the blind cool tech site to find them.
Lois