[bct] Re: Book Port or Victor Reader

  • From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:31:51 -0800

Presently you can use a compact flash card with two gigs capacity.  But very
shortly we'll be able to go to four gigs.  Battery life varies with type  of
usage.  If you're reading text with it, you can get sixty hours and sometimes
more from the two doubole A batteries.  I use rechargeables and  I get around 50
hours if I'm reading only text.  You get less battery life when you listen to
audio files, but it's still great mileage.  Go to
www.aph.org and in their products list, go to bookport and you can read
information about it.  Also Larry has done several podcasts on it.  Look near
the bottom of the podcast list on the blind cool tech site to find them.