[bct] Re: Book Port and Podcasts

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:06:24 -0800

The book port comes with software that runs when you connect it to the PC. I
don't use that software too much since I find it's much easier to send files
directly to a compact flash card, and then put the card in the book port.
Compact flash card readers are very cheap and very small and very fast. I find
that the book port software is slower so I use the other method. Also, I like
to plug in one of the Olympus recorders and use it like a disk drive and it's
very fast also. It just depends on what you have, and the file sizes, and the
size of memory in your digital recorder if you have one. Also, batteries get
used up rather fast when you listen to MP3 files on a book port; the battery
life is a little longer with a regular digital recorder. But you can't beat the
book port for knowing where you are and which file you're currently in, and
navigating around in a file.