[bct] Re: Blue tooth Braille displays

  • From: Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 00:20:23 -0500

i've used the mPower as a bluetooth braille display using window-eyes.
you need to pare the two devices, computer and braillenote.  then you
need to see what port your bluetooth is using and set window-eyes as the
braillenote either with our without keyboard input and select the serial
port that your braillenote is connected to.  mine was connected using

as far as jaws is conserned, there's a keyboard emulater driver for jaws
on the humanware web sight.
there's a document that explaines how to set jaws up.

Here's a direct quote from that document.
"1      Usage
Connect your BrailleNote to your PC using a serial cable. If you are using
Bluetooth, pair with your PC and activate the Activesync service. Configure
JAWS to use the serial or Bluetooth port to which the BrailleNote is connected
(for example, COM1), and restart JAWS.
From K

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:50:10 -0600
"David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DT> Yes, I have a Brailliant 32 that I can use at work.  It is a wonderful,
very light weight display with very good Braille.  I have to say that I have
not used it yet on a daily basis, but hope to be doing so in the near future.
I also am anxious to try the BrailleNote PK and MPower to see how well they
will work as wireless displays.  If this really works it will be wonderful, but
I haven't seen anything that would indicate to me that there is a Braille
display driver for Jaws that will support the bluetooth on the BrailleNotes.

The early bird gets the worm! -English Proverb.