[bct] Bizarre Sound Forge and JFW behavior

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:35:00 -0500

I just installed things on a new desktop computer. I'm running JFW 7.0 and installed Sound Forge 8.0b, along with the Snowman's JFW scripts. This same configuration works beautifully on my laptop, but I am having very odd behavior on the desktop and all thoughts would be most welcome.

1. hitting the alt key does not give the menu bar, just applications and system menus and you cannot arrow down through them, a down arrow does nothing.

2. I can hit alt and a letter to get a specific menu, but cannot down arrow through it once there. Again, hitting the down or up arrows prduces no speech.

3. When I try to open a file with a control o, I get the proper dialog, but numerals do not echo. Letters echo, so typing the string mp3 echoes as mp and silence, but if I say the line, the 3 is read.

I suspect all of these are related in some way, but not sure how. I have maximized the window and stopped and restarted things numerous times to no avail. The screen resolution is set to 10xx by 7xx, whatever the numbers are, and this works perfectly on my laptop. Also, all other apps work just fine on the new desktop, but the Sound Forge program simply will not cooperate. The Snowman's scripts are running because the times are spoken and other things happen correctly when I have a data file open, but not being able to access the menus is a major drawback.

Any ideas?  Please?