[bct] Re: Bird mike

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:10:48 -0600

Bird mikes are also sometimes placed in parabolic reflectors which are
large dish shaped objects which direct the sound into one small area.  I
have a wonderful recording of a cat bird I recorded many years ago from
about a block away.  He sounded like he was sitting on the end of my
microphone.  Ah! So that's what that sticky stuff was I had to wipe off
the mike?