[bct] Beyond microphones

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:37:43 -0600

Hello all.  I have had a lot of questions from people about
microphones.  It's been fun to help people learn and to also learn
about what they use.  My messages back and forth have caused me to
realize something.  For some reason, I think this list is special in a
kind of way other lists don't always have.  I sum it up this way.
What many people have said to me between the lines is this.  I want to
get my message out even if it does not sound like it is recorded on
the very best system.  Of course, those are my words as a paraphrase.
But I think the point is well taken.  Just about all of us on this
list have something to say about our lives, our work, our friends,
family travels, etc.  I hope people realize that the quality of their
message is far more important, in a podcast, than the quality of the
equipment they use.  So, get out whatever microphone and whatever
recorder you have and tell us about you.
OK, I'll get off the soap box now.