[bct] Beta of Audio Magic

  • From: "Daniel Benson" <jokerdog02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:51:06 -0800

Hello all,

I was having e-mail problems, and don't know whether my last message got
through, so I'm trying this again.

I have written a new sound-editing application called Audio Magic.  It
is an alternative to Sound Forge 8, but it is in the public domain and
it is freeware.  It does not yet have all of Sound Forge's features, but
we are only on the very first beta release at this point, and I would
like all of your feedback on how I could improve the interface.  I am a
JAWS user myself, so I have tried to make the interface to the
application as accessible as possible.  You will not need JAWS scripts
to make use of the program's features; the program will communicate it's
information to JAWS without any other files needing to be installed.
This program is also a lot faster than Sound Forge in terms of saving
files, etc.  It includes features such as changing pitch, reverb, noise
reduction (coming in next beta), etc.  It can currently save in MP3,
WMA, OGG and Real Media formats.  More support is coming soon and people
will be able to write plug-ins to support other formats if they wish.
If you would like to try it out, you can go to
and download the latest beta version from there.  You can read the
user's guide and other documentation after you've got the program
installed.  Documentation will also be available online by the time the
final product is released.  If you feel any changes need to be made to
the documentation, let me know that as well.  Hope you all enjoy the
  Joker Dog

                          unladen european swallow