[bct] BPS on the Archos Recorder

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 05:10:02 -0400

I don't know anything about these things, but I always assumed the BPS
output was in increments of 8, i.e., 16, 64, 96, 128...

The Archos FM Recorder has a record quality setting that ranges from 0 to 7.
Playing with it yesterday, 3 produces 96 BPS, but 5 is 105 (huh) and 7 gave
149 BPS.  Is that strange and true?  After making a short voice recording
with the built-in microphone in stereo mode, I reviewed the numbers in
Windows Explorer.

Just curious, if anyone has a not-to-technical explanation.

Eric SS