[bct] Re: BP posts

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:32:54 -0500

Hi Larry,

My BP firmware revision is 02.01.00 according to the BP.  I have been a bit
timid about upgrading the firmware till I am a bit more confident with BP

I have used the unit for approximately 3000 hours now and primarily use it for
listening to Audible books and some MP3 files.

I would be happy to help with any test you would like to run by me.

Each lockup was while playing an audible book or other mp3 file.  First time
was when pushing the 9 key when playing an MP3, second time was Listening to a
audible book and the sleep timer reached 30 minutes.  I pressed the D and F
keys to get battery level and got nothing. I waited for  10 seconds as everyone
told me to but the unit was definitely locked up.  I don't remember what
happened to cause the third lockup except it was a Audible book.

The reason I was upset about the comments yesterday, was because everyone there
was telling me I really wasn't having lockups but just wasn't using the BP
correctly.  I am not a stupid person although others may disagree lol.  I am a
technician for many years now and am very good with working with electronics.
When I say I have a problem I am pretty darn sure that I do, and kind of get
ticked off when others try to say its my fault and not the units.

I love my BP, its a great thing for a blind person to have and wouldn't give it
up now for anything.  I also loved your tutorials on the BP, they were very
helpful for the beginner.  Thanks for letting me ramble here a bit, but just
wanted to let you know what was going on with me and my BP.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Information:

Skype ID: rharmon928

people towards them."