[bct] BCT 210

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:21:40 -0800

Hi Larry, Kai and everyone,

That was an awesome BCT! The intro was incredible!!!! Kai, you could have a
real career in audio production if you could find a way to get your work out on
the net for the right people to see. It is incredible all the work you put into
that intro, and tons of fun to listen to! Keep it up! You are amazingly
creative.

Larry, that podcast with Mars reminds me of my niece Sheri when she was that
age or a little older. She and her parents would visit when they lived near my
family, and I would always complain that they never brought her, but she was
just standing very quietly listening to me grouch and grumble because I was
pretending she wasn't there. About 30 seconds into my annoyed grouching, her
little arms would reach out for a hug, and there she was.

When she was about 3 or 4 years old, she'd try another tactic. They would all
come in, and she'd speak right up with all the latest news; everything from
"We're moving to Carson City!" to "I got a new bike!" Just wait till Marley
gets a little older; you won't be able to shut her up!

Thanks to Lynnette and all the others who contributed. I could have used a
short class in PowerPoint access early this year when I had to listen to a
presentation and figure out how to navigate within it. It was a short training
session on how to define and list the work skills we had. Fortunately, I got
through it with a lot of trial and error. I no longer need to use PowerPoint,
and I think I only had the small PowerPoint viewer on the machine anyway. I
think the people who put the presentation together could have used Lynnette's
expertise, because it wasn't done too well. You could hear the person rattling
pages, trying to find the next paragraph to read! Not very professional I'm
afraid; I guess the cost cutting efforts involved cutting back on professional
instructors and audio-video experts.

Mary