[bct] Re: Autoharp

  • From: "Matthew Bullis" <matthewbullis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:56:59 -0700

Hello, I don't know of a solid-body autoharp with no sound hole. The pickup
which is installed in mine amplifies the natural properties of the
instrument. The model I have is pretty solid though, being built into an
attache case. However, even though it's pretty solid, it doesn't lessen the
sound like a solid guitar does. It's a different thing altogether. You'd
really have to ask luthiers about whether the top of an autoharp flexes the
same way a guitar does.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew

Tired of HotMail? Try Runbox. 1 gig of storage for a reasonable price.
Use this link as your referral.
http://1362.runbox.com