[bct] Anyone out there using gmud?

  • From: "Missy Hoppe" <melissah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:53:34 -0500

Good morning, all. I was wondering if any of you are using Gmud. It's
essencially a glorified telnet client for playing online text-based games.
Anyway, I had it working beautifully when I was running windows 98, but now
that I'm using XP pro, I'm having some problems. The frame I created to
read text as it appears on the screen is not behaving at all as it should,
and also, JFW isn't allowing me to change the processing priority. I don't
know if that is a bug in the JFW 7 frame manager or what, but it's weird.
Also, although I'm using the same font and window dimentions that worked
perfectly under swin98, I'm getting a lot of repeted text and the output
from my frame is pretty much useless.
The frame, while annoying, isn't my biggest problem, however. Under win98,
I was always able to "see" the line I was typing. I could use my arrows on
it and backspace; the line I was typing was fully accessible until I
pressed enter to send it to the game. Now, everything is completely blank.
Along the same lines, I used to be able to use my up and down arrows to
scroll through every command I had typed; this was very handy in battle
when I wanted to cast spells and stuff. Anyway, I am no longer able to
navigate to any previously exicuted commands. Any ideas? If not, is anyone
aware of a mud client that is fully accessible under windows XP?
I kind of want to get back to some of the games I was playing before my
computer was upgraded, but the way gmud performs now, it takes all the fun
out of playing. Thanks in advance for any ideas any of you may have, and I
hope you're all having a great day.
Missy