[bct] Any recommendations for a CD/DVD player?

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:23:16 -0800

Hi all,

During all my conversion efforts during the past few days it has become rather
ovbious that I should upgrade my CD/DVD equipment. I currently don't need to
create any DVD's so that part isn't a priority; what is, most definitely, a
nuisance is that I have some MPG files on about 7 dozen CD's, and neither of my
two CD players on this desktop PC would read some of them, so I had to copy the
MPG files from my lap top's CD/DVD player to a microdrive and then convert
them. The CD player that I really like is a Sony and uses a USB port; I would
like to get a new CD player/burner with optional DVD playing/burning capability
that plugs into a USB port. This desktop computer's built-in CD player has just
about had it, and taking this thing apart to install a new CD player is a major
effort that I don't wish to tackle.

So, anybody have any recommendations for dependable CD players/recorders that
plug into a USB port? I am getting tired of fussy, finicky, temperamental,
cranky CD players. I've never had much success with them to start with.

Thanks for any input.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson