[bct] Re: Another way to bring efficiency to the list

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:11:02 -0800

There is a fly in the ointment, so to speak. I am one quirky soul who keeps
punctuation turned off, and number signs are not spoken; they are not spotted
unless I read them with the braille display. Also, very often, messages that we
receive are prefixed with BCT re: which means that recipients would see these
prefixes prior to the number sign and the subject. So, there would need to be
something that would be visible, or audible, whether punctuation is turned on
or off in a screen reader.

I suspect just keeping the subjects current would be far more helpful.