[bct] Re: Another idea about recorders

  • From: "Brent Harding" <bharding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:49:38 -0600

Wouldn't applying compression squash out most of the noise you get? You would have to apply it in an editor. I think Goldwave's hiss reduction works OK for wav files that originally came from mpeg files recorded off my TV tuner card. Considering that the source is really digitized analog cable once it's on the hard drive, it doesn't sound too bad if run through the goldwave stuff. I say the local channels versus cable networks sound a little worse, but none are great.