[bct] Re: Another dumb question

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 15:42:03 -0500

Rick, your case worker is lazy, or ignorant...or both. I am 54 and am just learning Braille and am doing quite well and learning it flawlessly. It is not especially useful for book reading in my opinion as the books are cumbersome and I like listening to speech, but for labeling things, nothing can beat it. For that purpose, you do not even need grade two, just simple grade one Braille can help you make good labels and other useful things. A Braille writer and a sheet of Avery labels works wonders.