[bct] Re: Another dumb question

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:38:10 -0500

Hi Rick,
I'm not sure if you live in the states or overseas, but I have to say that this
is the first time I've heard of an agency for the blind  charging a visually
impaired person for braille instruction.  In any case, I know that you can
learn braille through a correspondence course at the Hadley School in Winnetka,
Illinois.  Some years ago I took some classes with them, and they were free.  I
don't know if that is still the case, but you can certainly inquire.  I don't
have the contact info at hand, but perhaps one of the other members of the list
does.  I will look it up in the meantime.