[bct] Re: Another Surprise!

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:24:54 -0800

Dana, this is wonderful! Reminds me of times when I was about ten years old
with my stepdad in the garage and he'd show me the tools he used; I loved
fooling around with stuff but because I was a girl, it was discouraged when Mom
was around; but my stepdad let me do some things like control the stick shift
on his car when we were on the most busy street in town. I wish I had recorded
his incredibly patient, long explanations of things; he grew up in Wisconsin so
he'd talk endlessly about how cheese was made. He was station manager for one
of the west coast airlines so he'd talk about airplanes endlessly and I loved
every second of it. He knew i loved the space program so one day he brought
home a book about space and read it to me. He married Mom despite the fact she
had a wild five year old son and a premature blind daughter; when my sister was
born he gave her the same individual attention; they sat and looked at comic
books for hours!

I hope others have some great things like this to share. Thanksgiving is next
week and it's great to remember what we can be thankful for. As for current
things, I am glad to be living here where the neighbors are quiet; just this
morning when I got groceries delivered, I ended up with four cans of evaporated
milk; some poor soul will be missing theirs and there's no way to figure out
who should have gotten it, but you can bet I'll be doing a holiday baking
podcast or two! I was going to make pumpkin bread, but it looks like pumpkin
pudding is more appropriate! It's a lot easier to make anyway. You can even use
it as pie filling.