[bct] Re: Another Sonic Stage question

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 12:49:19 -0800

MessageYes, this is part of my trouble too.  For instance, i hoped that i
could, at least, transfer albums or something to the minidisc, rather than
individual tracks, but even that is graphical.  When i asked questions a couple
of months ago, this was what i was told would be my main limitation.  at that
time, i thought I would need to figure out a way to script Jaws to read it, but
someone told me that even if I could do that, that the names would still all
appear graphical and that there was no way around this.  So while Ray's
instructions wil help us transfer an entire disc, or to format one, I don't
know that we will ever be able to transfer things to a disc, or to simply copy
as you mentioned because for that we would have to choose individual, files or
groups of files.  These will always be graphical, and will always  be changing
as we edit and create different lists of files and transfer new files, so these
graphics could not be labeled, never mind that windows may not assign them the
same graphicla numbers for labeling anyhow given that they are not buttons or
anything.  basically, as I understand it, there is no way around it.  I too had
hoped to keep things on the minidiscs, labeling them and organizing them even
if I did move to the computer, and it looks like the only way we can still do
this is to record in real time or to have a sighted person do this.  It's very
frustrating that there is only one program that can be used for these purposes,
because it isn't as though we can try soemthing else that will work better.
And I don't think there are enough of us using these things for someone to
create something that will.

I am a bit frustrated because i really like the minidisc format for several
reasons, and i like the quality of the recorder for its price.