[bct] Re: Animal Park

  • From: "Kristian Whawell" <kwhawell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:57:13 -0000

the iriver players have what is called auto gain control, I don't know if this is a limiter as such, but basically what auto gain control or AGC does is to bring the level of the recording to the point where loud and soft are the same, so if you have a soft sound, then it appears reasonably loud to those listening back, when a loud sound comes in it lowers the levels so that it is the same level basically I suppose it is a limiter of sorts, what AGC allows you to do, is if you are not so good at judging recording levels, the AGC wil ensure that all stuff that is recorded gets leveled out for you, on the H340 I have, once your recording, you cannot adjust the levels in real time, unlike on the edirol R1 where you can have full control of record levels at any time by the use of a physical dial.