[bct] Re: Am I Doing It Wrong?

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:59:44 -0800

You mentioned that you don't have a firewall; but if you use Windows XP, the Windows firewall is active by default. Also if you've got security software or antivirus software, it could be interfering with your ability to FTP or go to web sites. You should get a qualified computer technician to look at your system--not some kid down the street or a sighted friend. There is obviously something interfering with your ability to connect. This list is limited in what we can do to help; we can suggest but you've always said the suggestions don't work. It's most likely time to get some professional help if you don't have the expertise to fix it yourself; and I am saying this as a former IBM employee who has worked with computers, in their various forms, for 30 years.