[bct] Re: Alternatives to Juice as a podcatcher?

  • From: "David Lepofsky" <dlepofsky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:56:06 -0500

i found juice and podder quite frustrating for the reasons given. what i started doing with it is this.
first i don't have it do any automatic downloads/scans.
second, when i load it, I hit f-6 not f-5. i think that is the refresh feature. then it just grabs the very latest item for each subscribed feed. however, it sometimes seems to miss some. i do this several times a day. yet if i go to the bct site i sometimes see podcasts posted there that i didn't get via a juice download.

i found that before i did this, when i would run juice or ipodder, and used the f-5 feature to do downloads rather than 5-6, it tried grabbing tons of past podcasts on each feed as if it had never gotten them before. this was very frustrating and tied up my computer. i tried running it once using f-5 to grab everything it wanted to grab...hundreds. then when it was done, and i deleted a bunch from my hard drive, when i ran it again using f-5 it again reported that there were hundreds of podcasts to grab and it started all over again.
it was very frustrating.