[bct] Re: Alaska

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:08:25 -0500

Beth, Alaska was a totally cool place when I visited Marsha there before she moved here, to the "outside," in quotes, as the Alaskans call the rest of the country. The sun set at about 11 at night and was up by 4 in the morning, and that was about the first of may. We ate at a marvelous Indian restaurant where the owner pled with me not to have the Lamb Vindalu double extra hot, and hovered around as if he thought I was going to die, but I was fine and the steam coming out of my ears only removed half the paint from the cieling.

Then, there was this Mongolian barbecue place we went to after listening to Paula Poundstone...this was 11 years ago...the restaurant had booths with little arches over the doors to the booths. Marsha is shorter than I am, by about 8 and a half inches, so she walked demurly under the arch, forgetting that I could not see it, so I, following her dutifully, ran smack dab into the arch with my forehead. The dent is still there, probably. Before that incident, I could recite the entire Encyclopedia Britannica, backwards and forwards, now, I can only do it backwards, which truly confuses everyone around, me included.

Dan We ate at a marvelous Indian restaurant where the owner pled with me not to have the Lamb