[bct] Re: Alaska

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:27:08 -0800 (PST)

You don't need vegetables if you eat the muktuk and other blubbers because the
animals have all the nutrients you need.

In the summer they eat berries (what are around, any way) and various edible
plants, but in the winter they have everything they need in the seal and whale
blubber.  They were much better nourished then than they are now with the
introduction of grains and all that unnatural stuff.

Blood pudding is actually an old world dish made of hog's blood that is boiled
in an hog intestine until done.  They are also called black pudding and common
to the United Kingdom and the Norman part of France.

Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Slithy,
 I heard once that there is something called blood  pudding, that Alaskan
natives used to eat; it consists of algae and  plankton and other intestinal
contents that whales and other water mammals eat.  Is that true? How else would
those people have gotten their vegetables? Not sure  if I got the name right.