[bct] Re: Adobe Audition and related studio matters

  • From: "Matt Roberts" <blindbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:35:42 -0500

I use Rhapsody and the Real Music Store to download my music, and use
Realplayer to burn it on CD.  I have three sound programs on my computer.
Why three you ask? I started with SoundForge but it kept crashing on my
desktop computer.  I would be in the midddle of editing something, and it
would stop responding.  I would hit Alt-F4, and get the message that asks if
I want to submit an error report.  I did once, but I'm not doing it again.
It crashes on my laptop too!
When I bought my Milestone311 digital recorder, Neal reported that
SoundForge would not open those files, so I bought WavePad for that.
WavePad does things SoundForge doesn't do, such as insert files in a file,
and it comes with other programs you can use.
Now I have discovered Studio Recorder, so I'll be using that too.  Depending
on what I'm doing, will determine what sound editing program I use.

I'm curious how Larry puts the music on his podcast episodes at the
beginning and end, because I don't think Studio Recorder allows you to mix.
I'm guessing he uses another sound editor for that.  Larry, can you comment
on this?
How do I put the information on the podcast episodes I send to BCT, such as
title, artist, and album as BCT? I can't find anything in SoundForge that
tells me how to do it.  I have not checked the other two editors to see if
they have an easy way to do it.

                  Matt Roberts