[bct] Re: Adobe Audition and related studio matters

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:35:20 -0600

I fear that you are quite correct.  I tried Adobe Audition version 2.0 and I
was so let down.  The special scripts do not work at all because so much of
the structure of the windows has changed.  the author of the scripts has
informed me that, at the moment, he hasn't the time to devote to making the
changes necessary to make the scripts work with Adobe Audition 2.0.  I also
noticed quite a good deal of sluggishness with the controls.  When I press
the space bar to start playing a file, I expect it to be there RIGHT,
AWAY!!!  With Audition 2.0, there is at least half a second before any
command is executed in my machine.  this could well be a buffering issue but
I'm not sure.  Frankly, I feel like the official recording industry is
saying to the blind, "well, if you can't use "pro tools, scre you blind
person.  You have no place among us.".  How's that for a kick in the
stomach?  Then again, let me ask us all something here.  Now, be honest with
ourselves.  How many of us want to work in the traditional way for an
industry hell bent on suing some of us for getting music how ever we can
because the so-called approved sites are not accessible?  I do not propose
to give my own answer as yet but would like to hear the thoughts of others
first.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray