[bct] Re: Accessible Equivalent to a Blackberry

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:43:34 -0500

Kerri,

Don't bother with the folks at Verizon as I am sure they don't have a clue
about any of the Windows Mobile based screen readers.  All they know about
is the LG4650 with its built-in speech.  The best way to get a direct answer
to your question is to email support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and ask them.  I know
for sure the list of phones on their web site doesn't list all of the phones
that blind folks are actually using with their screen reader.  You can also
get info on their site about subscribing to their mailing list.  I have seen
messages from users on there successfully using the vx6700 with MSP.
Contact them with your questions as their support is excellent. I personally
own a Sprint PPC6700 running MSP which is basically the same phone as the
VX6700, and it works great.  There are a couple of bugs here and there like
with any software, but generally speaking, it works very well.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro
--rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx