[bct] Re: AccessWatch Podcast 3 now uploaded correctly

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:35:58 -0600

Actually yes, and it's not all that hard to set up as long as you have
an external synthesizer.  I have such and I simply tell JAWS that I am
using both Eloquence and my Accent SA synthesizer.  I can then switch
JAWS to speak through the Accent, but the other sounds are played by the
sound card in the computer.  One other way to do this which is a bit
more tricky but can be done is to have two sound cards and tell JAWS to
use one and the sounds of your computer to use the other one.  You can
then adjust the volumes relative to both cards.  This is not as flexible
because you would have to go to a lot of trouble to change the volumes
relative to each other.  The first idea with the external synthesizer
offers the most flexibility in that all you have to do to change the
relative difference between your computer sounds and the external
synthesizer is to reach over and increase or decrease the volume of one
or the other of them.  Dan is right when he says that sometimes you need
to have the computer sounds quite loud if you are editing out very quiet
sounds.

Neal