[bct] A word of caution about which Edirol to buy

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:36:14 -0600

I think there have been some assumptions on this list that the r-9 will
be less accessible than the r-1.  While that may turn out to be the
case, I don't think I would decide that question quite yet.  After all,
no one has reviewed it.  It may turn out to be that it is just
different.  On first glance, that is hard, because people have gotten
used to the r-1, but different is not necessarily bad.  I'm not saying
that it will be accessible, I just don't know at the moment.  I will be
looking to purchase about 20 recorders in this type of quality range for
a project I am working on.  I'm certainly going to wait until we know
more about the r-9.  If the r-1 is satisfactory for you, go ahead and
purchase it.  However, if you don't need it at this very minute, I would
wait and see what the new recorder has to offer.

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone:  608-277-1995
Toll Free:  888-544-8332