[bct] Re: A question about SD cards

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:35:02 -0400

I doubt that a recorder can benefit from anything other than the basic
speed. The high-performance cards are usually intended for use in digital
cameras where it's important (especially for professionals such as sports
photographers) to be able to take multiple shots in just one or two seconds.
Usually, there's a published "recovery time" for digital cameras and this
can be significantly reduced by using the faster cards. Since this doesn't
apply to recording, I don't think you need to waste the money on anything
but the most basic card.