[bct] Re: A grant to purchase recording equipment for the list

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:27:04 -0500

Thanks for understanding Pam.  One thing to be said in defense of the
Olympus recorders is that they are manufactured, after all, to be
dictation units where someone is basically recording voice in a not too
noisy background.  Sure, some people use them in their cars dictating
while they drive to work, but they are more interested in the content
than the quality.  I think people on this list have certainly broadened
the horizons of this recorder by using them in all kinds of situations.
Now, if Olympus would only take notice and say, "OK, what if we give
people the ability to use a manual record level, now that would be nice.