[bct] Re: A grant to purchase recording equipment for the list

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:36:31 -0500

I use an Olympus DS-2, and I've been extremely happy with the
recording quality. Am I delusional?  Neal, you have a more discerning
ear than I do so I would be very interested to hear any critiques that
you might have of recordings that I've made so that I know if my
recorder performs as well as I think it does. I always thought I had a
pretty discerning ear myself, until reading observations from people
on this list who pick up far more aspects of audio than I do. That
reminds me, the "singing roads" that you mentioned in your hybrid cars
podcast, Neal. I've heard those, but never thought of them in quite
that way so had to chuckle about that.