[bct] A few things!

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:05:06 -0600

Hi Folks:
If it aint broke don't fix it, I believe if things some in our society need to
survive don't get in our way then let them alone.  As far as descriptive videos
are concerned, if you like them, buy them if you don't, don't.  I call the
audible traffic signals, tweedy birds and don't mind them a bit.  I do not need
them but have worked with newly blind folks who do so I'm not interested at all
in a debate over whether they should be allowed to exist.  Jake, rehab doesn't
like me either and they never have.  Before they can even seem to get around to
helping me achieve a goal of employment or anything else, I've already gotten
there on my own.  I am also very glad to say that not even one rehab counselor
has ever gotten a successful job placement credit out of me and I have worked
for 30 years.  As I said in a previous message to all you wonderful folks, we
are our own best advocates, making our own choices, responsible for our own
consequences.  I will be fighting my wife's disability case in court and I am
ready for the judge.  I have researched the case thoroughly and have found all
the conflicting statements made by the government doctors verses the ones made
by her own private physician.  We got ripped off badly by our first lawyer who
charged us $40,000 to reach an out of court settlement with the hospital
insurance company.  He accomplished this by writing exactly 4 letters, filing 2
forms with the state and showing up for the settlement hearing.  I love my life
today and want only the same for all of us, finding both self fulfillment, and
most important, self actualization.  This is something that most of us have
heard about and strive for, changing the way people think by our example rather
than anything we say.  Well, enough for now, good night and sleep well all!
Dana