[blindcooks] Re: So disappointed

  • From: Penny Golden <pengold2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 03:20:03 -0600

Hi, Jon and all,
No, Jon, you are never a crank; i forget now why I said you might have given your head a bump. I was trying to be humorous, not critical.
Too many posts in between; but it's certainly not anything you say.
Maybe it was that you were finally going to get something off your chest that had been in your thinking for a good long while.
But, you're never a crank, and believe me, I know crank when I see it.
That book: "How to Read a French Fry," is an informative book like the one we were talking about "I'm Just Here for the Food." But I think it's only in braille.
In any event, the next hug you give the baby is from me, even if she never knows it; and of course, she's hardly a baby anymore.
Carry on, Jon.   I always like what you have to say.
Penny

On 2/24/2017 4:52 PM, Jonathan Rawlings wrote:

Penny:
I will have to see if I can find the book you mentioned on BARD. I actually have a number of food-related books I have downloaded, but haven't got around to reading yet. Yes, "I'm Just Here For The Food" by Alton Brown is a great read, especially for those who want to understand practical cooking methods and why they're important. I remember the story well that you referranced about the chili cookoff he had with several of his friends. America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Country, and Cooks' Illustrated are all the same entity. And yes, I love almost all their recipes, though not every recipe is perfect or even worth making. And Penny, why do you say I must have bumped my head when I got out of bed this morning? Is that remark in referrance to the cranky tone of my original post?
Jon