Re: xml files

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:36:53 -0700

May I discourage you from going down that path? Yes, it is interesting
to poke inside RSS feeds and I welcome you to look around but to edit an
RSS feed by hand every time you put up a new show is just flat out a bad
idea and very error proned.  And once errors are introduced into your
RSS feed, then people can't get your shows.  If you are using Ultra Host
or one of those who have Word Press, I would incourage you to go there.
It is actually quite easy to use and your RSS feeds will be clean and
your listeners would have uninterrupted service.  It is actually quite
easy to post blog entries and all you have to do to include an audio
file for your show's enclosure is create a stand <a href=...> element in
your blog entry and you posted a show.  The files and blog space are all
stored under your disk storage quotaa.  The SQL databases that store
your Word Press blog entries are small enough.

So go for it; WordPress blogging is the best way to post podcasts.
That's what I do at the holmesgrown podcast.  It also automatically
pings ping-o-matic for me so my feedburner feed automatically updates
for me too.  I could get rid of feedburner altogether but just haven't
gotten around to it.  So my show could easily be fetched either from
feedburner or directly from my WordPress RSS feed:).

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown