Re: where to get pod safe music

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:12:50 -0700

Yeah, that is tricky.  With Window-Eyes, I could use the mouse pointer
and read previous and next clip to find a graphic logically just before
the track title and single clicking it.  I must say the playlist manager
available to podcasters is easier to deal with but playing songs is
tough at best.

I'm thinking about doing a podcast shortly that would demonstrate the
use of the pod safe music network from an accessibility point of view.
Other than playing songs, the site overall isn't too bad.  It could use
some improvements though, namely labeling a couple graphical links in
each row of the track title list table and make it easier to find the
control to launch the player they use.  I think it is some kind of flash
player or something.  Once you download content, it is a generic 128KB
mp3 without any restrictions other than what is stipulated for use by
podcasters on the site.

But I have to figure out why my feedburner feed is currently broken
before I go off doing any new podcasts.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 07:19:25PM -0700, Darrell Shandrow wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> How do you get the "listen" link to work?  It seems to be completely
> invisible to JAWS.  Have you found another way to get these important
> features on PMN to work?
>
> Darrell Shandrow - Shandrow Communications!
> Technology consultant/instructor, network/systems administrator!
> A+, CSSA, Network+!
> Check out high quality telecommunications services at http://ld.net/?nu7i
> Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by
> another person.
> Blind Access Journal blog: http://www.blindaccessjournal.com

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions