Re: using pc-based pro tools with jaws?

  • From: "Kevin Reeves" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:26:59 -0600

As a die hard pro tools  user on a mac, I vote sonar as well. There are some
free scripts available from, or .com, can't remember. Anyway,
Sonar is the best bang for the buck right now as far as accessibility. I use
pro tools under O S 9, and while it is completely accessible and I am still
able to do tons of work, I'm locked out of the newest plugins and technology
because I am running Pro Tools 5, and they're already on 7.x. I really hope
that Pro Tools will eventually become accessible with Voiceover, the built-in
screen reader that comes with O S 10.4 and higher. Work has been done to
advocate for Digidesign to consider building in accessibility into a future
release, but nothing has happened yet on their end in that regard. To learn
more about the efforts, go to Hope some of this
information has been helpful. Have a great day.

Kevin Reeves