Re: using pc-based pro tools with jaws?

  • From: "Kevin Reeves" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:26:59 -0600

As a die hard pro tools  user on a mac, I vote sonar as well. There are some
free scripts available from www.jsonar.org, or .com, can't remember. Anyway,
Sonar is the best bang for the buck right now as far as accessibility. I use
pro tools under O S 9, and while it is completely accessible and I am still
able to do tons of work, I'm locked out of the newest plugins and technology
because I am running Pro Tools 5, and they're already on 7.x. I really hope
that Pro Tools will eventually become accessible with Voiceover, the built-in
screen reader that comes with O S 10.4 and higher. Work has been done to
advocate for Digidesign to consider building in accessibility into a future
release, but nothing has happened yet on their end in that regard. To learn
more about the efforts, go to www.protoolspatition.org. Hope some of this
information has been helpful. Have a great day.

Kevin Reeves

www.kevinreeves.net