streaming event with Spanish translation

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:11:51 -0500

Good afternoon everyone,

    Here's a brain teaser for y'all. We want to offer live streaming of
various events both in English, and a second stream with Spanish
translation. Of course we don't want to have the Spanish translation going
out over the main stream. When a site visitor loged on they would have the
option of listening to the English stream. If the visitor is a Hispanic who
knows little or no English we would want to make a stream available that
would include Spanish translation. Off the top of my head it appears to me
that we might need to run two completely seperate streams to prevent the
Spanish translation from bleeding in to the English-only stream. I'd like to
hear any ideas from you guys as how best to do this with minamum fus and

Peter Donahue