RE: sound professionals binoral in ear microphones

  • From: "Sarah Heesen" <sarahheesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:40:46 -0600

Scott,

The in-ears actually sit in the bottom half of your ear with the mic element
directly against your ear canal and the curved part going the same way as
the curve of your ear.  Yes, the mic element is plugging your ear.  The
whole thing is kind of nestled in there so that the round part is in front,
curve points backward, and the tip of the curvy thingy is wedged against the
largest ridge inside your ear.  Not the rim of your ear, but the second
ridge inward.

Wow.  Hope that made a little sense, at least. lol

Oh, and the windscreens don't stay in my ear very well, but I have smaller
than normal ears.

Later,
Sarah