premier CD/DVD Creator?

  • From: "Sabrena and/or Chris" <sabrenar00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 23:32:53 -0700

I remember seeing a post on some list, I think it was this one, asking about
some CD burning software that Independent Living Aids sells, but it wasn't
named. I went there, and as I thought, it's the Premier CD/DVD Creator
software, which I happen to have. It is quite accessible and
speech-friendly, just as it's supposed to be. The only things I haven't done
on it yet are creating data DVDs and burning stuff on CDRW's. It works just
fine for me, although there are a few  things I don't like about it. In the
CD ripping function, you have to manually create a folder for your files if
you want to make a special one for a given album, and it will not
automatically number the files. With the Audio CD burning function, you can
have it burn a CD either with little gaps between tracks or supposedly if
your original CD has one track lead right into another, it can make your CD
that way if you set it to do so. I forget what their terminology for this
function is. However, even though I set it up to burn the CD without
inserting a little gap between tracks, it still does this, which is
bothersome. The manual for this thing is quite readable and not written too
technically, and the software uses very standard Windows controls so you
shouldn't avhe a problem using it.