Re: not this again!!!

  • From: John Gasman <jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:58:57 -0800

Hi,
Now that FS has released a fix, let's hope we won't have to worry about this again.
But if ithappens again, here's how you can use a Sappi synthesizer and also delete large chunks of messages in eudora.

I don't know if this will work with Windows ME and I also don't know about JAWS 4.0.
I know it works with 5.0 and Windows XP computers.

With JAWS open and your email open, hit the keystrokes insert control s
this will bring up a list of synthesizers installed on your computer. If eloquence is your drfault synthesizer, it will come up first, arrow down and you'll hear no speech and sappi. Hit enter on Sapi and narator will begin speaking.
You can then use it to read messages onthis list as well as Blind Cool Tech which is the other list currently having this childish problem.
After finding one of the Eloquence crashing emails with Narrator, route your JAWS cursor to PC.
Then use insert right arrow till you come to any word in the subject line, at that point do an alt left mouse click and hit the delete key.
If there are over fifty messages scheduled to be deleted, you'll get a message asking if you really want to delete these message. Say yes and they are gone!
This works in Eudora. I don't know if you can delete them in the same way with other email cliants.
I know Outlook Express has a feature which will allow you to delete by subject, thread, sender and so on.
I hope this helps!
John
At 10:12 PM 3/29/2006, you wrote:

Hi all.

Can whoever the person who's using Eudora tell me how to get rid of these extra messages that lock up JFW? I think I came to some and I couldn't even delete them. It locked up my jfw totally and I ended up having to restart it in order to get back into Eudora, and when I came to a message I'm assuming is from this person it'd lock up again. I finally just had to hit page up until I assume I ended up getting above the messages that freeze up JFW. Any help would be much appreciated ... thanks all.

MissWings

At 04:25 PM 3/29/2006, Chris Judge wrote:
I had to delete all my email messages as well.
----- Original Message ----- From: "christopher huby" <christopher.huby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>