[Blind Casting] how to search for podcasts

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:42:39 -0400

Hi:

I'm changing the subject line but wanted to respond to Steve's discussion of looking for podcasts in directories.

Maybe I've been thinking in a backward sort of way about this, but for my money, Google rules when it comes to finding podcasts.

the Web sites of directories are nice enough for browsing, but from an accessibility standpoint (or maybe I should really say a usability standpoint), they take too long to navigate with a screen reader.

Most of the directory sites aren't inaccessible (in the general, rather than the expertly assessed sense of that word), but I just don't have time to wander around through all those links. Lots of good Web folks use headings, and that helps considerably.

But Google's still the fastest for me, even when I'm having to guess at spelling.

Just my two cents.

Best,
Jennifer